An avid Rick and Morty fan has many questions, some of which were answered (or at least addressed) in the Season 3 premiere that aired on April’s Fools Day.
These questions include:
- Is Rick C-137 truly the Rickest Rick? What makes him Ricker than all other Ricks?
- Is Morty C-137 the Mortiest Morty, or the Rickest Morty?
- What ever happened to Evil Morty?
- Does Rick C-137 really know that he’s in a television show? What’s the deal with him breaking the fourth wall all the time?
- What’s the deal with Mr. Poopybutthole?
- Are Jerry and Beth really going to get a divorce?
Naturally, questions of this sort are what drive fans to create fan theories. While the following fan theory does not answer all these questions, it does answer the ones that I find most compelling.